Biweekly I create a complete 2 week meal plan that is frugal and includes recipes and suggestions for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks. Then I figure that it might help out another family, so I post it to this blog!
Between our BHAG of paying off debt and my hatred of making decisions, meal planning is something I feel is a must do. Yes, I still have to make decisions. But I’d far rather make them all at once than 3 times a day every day.
One thing I don’t do is assign foods to a certain day ahead of time. I like to choose from the list based on the chaos of a given day and what I’m feeling up to making at that time. That means I’m still making decisions lately, but it’s simple enough to choose from an already created list.
After a brief stint of winter, we had a wonderful weekend of warm (for January) weather. But I hear the snow is planning to return. So I’m trying to create a nice mix of foods.
Our 2 Week Meal Plan
Breakfast: Simple and frugal when I can, cereal when I can’t.
- sandwiches (PB&J, Nutella, PB&honey, lunchmeat)
- chips & salsa
Supper (with sides of potatoes, rice, noodles, and fresh cut veggies)
- steak (Here’s the story about why you keep seeing steak on a frugal menu.)
- lighter orange chicken
- baked spicy tilapia
- Taco Dump Soup
- grilled chicken
- chicken and bean burritos
- pork roast in the Crock Pot with Dr. Pepper
- baked or grilled chicken
- spaghetti and meatballs
- breakfast for dinner (brinner!) Usually ends up being sausage gravy, sometimes pancakes.
- big salads with leftover meats for toppings
- homemade pizza
Our snacks and extras include
- fresh fruit
- We will be attending our annual “Big Game” football party. This year the theme is Mexican food, so I’ll need a great recipe so I can bring home the coveted trophy once again! I’m not above cheating 😉 so if you have a winning, delicious Mexican type of recipe that will be a hit with the guys, leave it in the comment section.
Those are the meals we love and the new ones we can’t wait to try this week!
Be sure to follow my Pinterest board where I share tons of easy, frugal, delicious pins!
Sharing over at:
Don’t forget to leave me a tip about your favorite Mexican recipe!