Monday means meal planning time. I love blogging about my meal plan, because then I can’t lose it!
I plan for 2 weeks at a time, and I post my meal plans every other Monday right here at Medium Sized Family. So you can always come here for ideas that make your planning simpler. If you like, you can look through my whole list of menu plans for ideas.
We continue to be running off to ball fields literally every single day of the week. So all of our meals need to be easy for on the go eating. Whoever invented sandwiches and the crock pot are my two best friends right now.
Our spending on foods has increased a bit to cover some of these more convenient foods. But it’s nothing compared to what we’d be spending on fast food joints if we didn’t prepare ahead of time. So I’m ok with it.
Our 2 Week Meal Plan
- sandwiches (PB&J, Nutella, PB&honey, lunchmeat, apple butter)
- hard boiled eggs
Supper (with sides of potatoes, pasta salad, chips and/or fresh cut veggies)
- steak (Here’s the story about why you keep seeing steak on a frugal menu.)
- hot dogs/brats/metts
- grilled chicken
- ham and cheese sandwiches
- meatball sub casserole
- chicken, stuffing, sour cream, cream of chicken soup (chicken slop!) in the crock pot
- roasted whole chicken
- avocado chicken salad
- grilled cheese
- French dip sandwiches in the Crock Pot
- crock pot cashew chicken
- slow cooker chicken burrito bowl
- leftover casserole (using anything I can find in the fridge)
Our snacks and extras include
- fresh fruit
- graham crackers
- breakfast bars
Hoping these new recipes I found on Pinterest turn out to be as easy and yummy as they look!
Sharing over at:
I’d love to hear about your favorite crock pot or sandwich recipe! Those will be on the menu for several weeks in our home. So be sure to share!