I know it’s December, but you should probably still do a meal plan. Maybe more than any other time! After all, who wants to figure out what to eat in the midst of shopping and wrapping?
An easy meal plan will stop you from having pizza and Christmas cookies for every meal this month.
Let me help you get that plan pulled together. After all, we Moms need all the help we can get!
The Complete 2 Week Meal Plan
As usual, I like to make plans for all the dinners. But here you’ll find recipes PLUS ideas for lunches, breakfasts, and snacks! So let’s get to it.
The kids pack their own lunches. They choose a main item from this list, then add a yogurt or cheese, a fruit, and one junk food (assuming we have junk food on hand). Sometimes I make one of these Easy Make Ahead Cold Lunches.
- homemade lunchable (crackers, lunchmeat, cheeses)
- leftovers (cold pizza or soup in a mug, for instance)
We have a main dish with sides of starch (potatoes, rice, noodles), veggies, and sweet tea.
Assigning food to certain days ahead of time just makes me crazy! So I tend to create a list of ideas, then choose which one fits our day best the night before I serve the meal.
- 5 Ingredient Carnitas Soup
- tacos x 2 (This family favorite is pretty much served weekly.)
- Homemade Pizza
- Cast Iron Chicken (Sprinkle favorite seasonings, brown on stovetop, add a lid and pop it in the oven for 25 minutes for amazing chicken breasts every time! Get the absolute best deals on chicken breasts here.)
- Ham & Beans
- spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread
- Dublin Coddle
- Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce
- Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs
- pot roast with veggies
- Easy Weeknight Chicken Tacos
- something easy from the frozen food aisle x 2
Or choose from one of these super easy last minute dinner ideas.
Snacks & Desserts
Don’t forget to check out this list of delicious pie recipes! They’re perfect for taking along to the next family gathering.
What’s on your menu this week?