Is the weather beginning to cool in your area?
Fall is the perfect time to fill your menu with pumpkin and apple flavored everything. They’re in season (which makes them affordable) and the flavors just scream “fall is here!”
So you can bet you’ll find those ideas here!
Meal planning always saves me both time and money. I enjoy meal planning for 2 weeks at a time, because that means I don’t have to sit down and make my plan every single week.
The 2 Week Meal Plan
I always try to keep things simple. We have certain foods that we eat regularly. It’s boring, but we’re happy with it.
- Scrappy Baked Oatmeal
- frozen waffles
- Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- pumpkin pancakes
We pack lunches pretty much every day. (Read how we’ve taught our kids to pack their own lunch.)
Besides a main course from this list, we also pack a fruit or veggie, yogurt or cheese, and one junk food (chips, cookies, pudding, etc.).
- sandwiches (PB&J, nutella, lunchmeat, wraps)
- homemade baked chicken nuggets
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I supplement these main dishes with a side of potatoes, rice, or pasta. We nearly always have fresh cut veggies and sweet tea with our suppers.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Orange Glazed Carrots will definitely be a side at least once this 2 weeks!
We’ll be taking a camping trip, so we’re looking forward to some yummy camping foods!
- tacos X 2
- ham & beans
- hot dogs and brats
- chicken tacos (This recipe is great!)
- grilled chicken using this marinade
- loaded chicken and potato casserole
- pork chops and stuffing
- chicken slop (chicken breasts topped with stuffing, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup in the crockpot)
- chicken nuggets and tater tots
Snacks & Desserts
This 2 week meal plan has our family ready to save the most money on groceries!
If you love saving money on groceries, it doesn’t have to be as hard as you think.
Do you change your eating habits in the fall?