Meal planning is not my favorite thing to do.
There, I said it. haha!
After years of trying to set a weekly meal plan…then a monthly meal plan…I finally settled on a good compromise.
Nowadays I plan for 2 weeks at a time. It’s great, because I don’t have to do it every stinking week.
But I also don’t have to manage the sometimes overwhelming task of an entire month at a time, either.
The plan looks like this: meals that fit our busy lives, that are frugal, and that are simple.
I don’t feel like I need to reinvent the wheel each week, or scour Pinterest for 14 brand new meals we’ve never tried before.
So we use a lot of our tried and true favorites over and over.
Your 2 Week February Meal Plan Is Done!
Simple and easy is a non-negotiable for me.
It’s the easiest thing ever! When I jump in the car after leaving the store, I just snap a pic of my receipt and boom, I get free points.
- homemade granola
- pumpkin french toast bake (the kids devoured this last time I made it!)
- easy oatmeal breakfast bars
- sandwiches (PB&J, Nutella, PB&honey, lunchmeat, apple butter)
- leftovers (This is what most of us usually choose, but I homeschool 3 kids and that helps.)
- hot dogs (They can’t all be winners…)
- French toast
Supper (with sides of potatoes, rice, noodles, and fresh cut veggies)
- steak (Here’s the story about why you keep seeing steak on a frugal menu.)
- 3 Bean Chili Chowder
- fish tacos
- Taco Dump Soup
- grilled chicken
- healthy black bean casserole
- “chicken slop” in the crock pot
- baked or grilled chicken
- breakfast for dinner (brinner!) Usually ends up being sausage gravy, sometimes pancakes.
- roast beef
- homemade pizza
Our snacks and extras include:
- fresh fruit
- soft pretzels
- ice cream
- buffalo chicken bombs
Those are the meals we love and the new ones we can’t wait to try this week!
Be sure to follow my Pinterest board where I share tons of easy, frugal, delicious pins!
What’s on your meal plan?