When writing up a meal plan on Halloween, it’s important to resist the urge to write “candy” in every spot.
Tempting as that is, you’re probably better off taking a piece here and there and eating it in the closet like a normal Mom. It’s called portion control.
Now, I don’t want to start a political battle here (especially because I’d rather watch back to back episodes of Caillou than see one more election ad), but…
I think that it’s important to teach your kids about taxes using their trick or treat candy.
There, I said it.
Let’s see. We’ve covered the candy and the election, so there’s just one other thing to say before we get down to it…
If you aren’t using the totally free Fetch app, then you’re just leaving money on the table. Who doesn’t need some extra Amazon bucks right before the holidays???
Use this link to sign up and you can start the whole app with enough points to redeem for a $3 Amazon card. And that’s before you start snapping shots of all those receipts from the grocery trip you’re about to make anyway!
Our 2 Week Meal Plan
- frozen waffles
- bacon and egg burritos
- this cranberry orange bread, but be prepared for them to beg for it every day…
The kids pack their own lunches. They choose a main item from this list, then add a yogurt or cheese, a fruit, and one junk food (assuming we have junk food on hand).
- chicken taquitos (I make these ahead of time and freeze them for easy lunches.)
- leftovers (cold pizza or soup in a mug, for instance)
Dear Pinterest, Can we come to an agreement that if you have to make 2 or 3 steps on the stove before you dump stuff into the crock pot that it is NO LONGER a crock pot recipe?
I mean, to me a crock pot recipe is supposed to scream “Look at me! I’m so easy to make!!”
Am I right here?
We have a main dish with sides of starch (potatoes, rice, noodles), veggies, and sweet tea. I never assign a food to a night ahead of time.
I choose the recipe that I have time for each day.
- hot dogs on the run (Hopefully they don’t drip on costumes!)
- tacos x 2 (This family favorite is pretty much served weekly.)
- Homemade Pizza
- grilled chicken (assuming this crazy weather trends towards something warm enough)
- Ham & Beans
- One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Stuffed Peppers
- pulled pork
- Roast Beef (this is one delicious way to make it if you have the time!)
- Easy Beef Taquitos (with leftovers from the roast beef)
- Easy Weeknight Chicken Tacos (my absolute favorite way to make chicken breasts now, and it could NOT be easier)
- something from the frozen food aisle
- Cowboy Beans
Snacks & Desserts
- After writing up this post of the most decadent Thanksgiving Pie Recipes you can make, I can definitively say we will have some kind of pie.
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Poke Cake
- candy, duh
- graham crackers
Happy trick or treating!
Don’t forget, if those political ads get to be too much, empty candy wrappers make great earplugs.
Did you miss the hints that there’s a $75 meal plan (with a grocery list!!!) that you do NOT want to miss? Subscribers get it for free! Plus all kinds of other goodies that only people who like to save money would enjoy. Sign up here:
What’s on your menu this week?