Meal planning is kind of a boring chore. So why not get more of it done in one sitting?
We both know that getting started is probably the hardest part of planning your menu.
So if you can do it fewer times per month, that’s a win! That’s why I do my planning for two weeks at a time.
(Let’s face it…the thought of monthly meal planning is a chore. But weekly meal planning feels like you just got done and now you have to start again?! Two weeks is perfect.)
Also, who needs the pressure of making a particular meal on a certain day of the week?
Uh-uh. In my meal planning world, I make a list of meals and pick the one that suits my mood on that day.
Simple, Cheap Meal Plan For Early March
It’s filled with creative ways you can slash your grocery bill in a hurry.
- homemade granola
- homemade breakfast bars
- sandwiches (PB&J, Nutella, PB&honey, lunchmeat, apple butter)
- mini pizzas from English muffins
- toast and scrambled eggs
Supper (with sides of potatoes, rice, noodles, and fresh cut veggies)
- steak (Here’s the story about why you keep seeing steak on a frugal menu.)
- ham and beans
- baked tilapia with spice
- Taco Dump Soup
- grilled chicken
- healthy black bean casserole
- chicken with corn & black bean salsa
- roasted whole chicken
- spaghetti & meatballs
- breakfast for dinner (brinner!) Usually ends up being sausage gravy, sometimes pancakes.
- one pan chicken and potatoes
- homemade pizza
- leftover casserole (using anything I can find in the fridge)
Our snacks and extras include
- fresh fruit
- buffalo chicken bombs
Those are the meals we love and the new ones we can’t wait to try this week!
Be sure to follow my Pinterest board where I share tons of easy, frugal, delicious pins!
What are you eating this week?