We have heritage raspberry plants which are producing like crazy right now. Then we were given some blackberries from my parents’ house. I had also purchased some blueberries on sale at the store.
And that was when I decided to replace the peach cobbler in my meal plan with a Triple Berry Cobbler. It’s nice when you can be flexible with your plan.
This recipe is delicious! You cook up any combination of berries that you like (the triple berry concoction was really good).
Then mix together the doughy topping.
Then dollop the dough onto the berries. (Don’t worry about what it looks like, since it will meld into a crust anyway.)
Then bake it into a delicious dessert.
- 1 c sugar
- ¼ c cornstarch
- ½ t cinnamon
- 8 cups berries (any combo of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 2 c flour
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- ½ c butter
- ½ c milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and berries. Cook until thick and bubbly. Pour into 3 qt dish.
- Combine flour, ¼ c sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Cut in butter.
- Add milk and eggs.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls on berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
We like to eat ours with milk. But you could top it with whipped cream, ice cream, or whatever you prefer!