Each January, my hubby and I come up with a list of goals for our family for the year. We also like to write down a general idea of where we want to be down the road to make sure our goals are heading us in the right direction.
So here is what we are doing to progress ourselves towards our goals this week.
We have lived in this house for seven years. It’s a 1950s home, so as you can imagine the to do list is very long! Sometimes I walk through the house and imagine the things a realtor would tell us we had to do to get it on the market. Then, instead of doing those things for someone else, I do it for us. It’s much more fun that way!
- paint the front door
- clean the porch and get ready for fall decor
- fix the back door (this is hubby’s to do and that “simple” project has turned into a humdinger, let me tell you!)
- repair and rehang the gate for the goat pen (ok, so that’s a barn to do)
- repair and rehang the gate for the back yard
As you can see, I’m trying to keep outdoors as much as I can while the weather is still nice!
We divert a little more than 15% of hubby’s paychecks into a separate checking account every month to help us pay down debt. It’s a mental game I play with myself so that I don’t even consider that money income and we can get our debt paid off a little faster.
- have a date night with hubby, even if it has to be a home date
- take 2 kids out for one on one time
- write 5 posts
- reach 60 Facebook followers
- read 6 posts by other bloggers per day so I can learn from others
I am terrible at doing things for myself! I want to be more proactive in this area for sure.
- get 8 hours of sleep at least 5 nights
- walk 10,000 steps 3 days
- make an eye doctor appointment
So those are our family goals for the week. What goals are you progressing towards?