Meal planning is one of those things that we know can save us a ton of money. But it’s still a dreaded chore for many of us!
Planning for 2 weeks at a time makes this chore something we can do less frequently. If you like, you can look through my whole list of menu plans for ideas.
Keep in mind that there is no reason to totally reinvent the wheel every other week. If you have young kids (and even older kids), they have favorites that they would probably happily eat every other night.
Now, you don’t have to serve the same food every other night. (Obviously.) But why not have a taco Tuesday? Or pizza Friday? The family will love it, and you will love not making a decision over what people will eat.
We’re smack into ball season, so meal plans will be quick and simple for the most part. Lunches need to be portable.
Our 2 Week Meal Plan
- banana bread
- Scrappy Baked Oatmeal
- sandwiches (PB&J, Nutella, PB&honey, lunchmeat, apple butter)
- hard boiled eggs
Supper (with sides of potatoes, rice, noodles, and fresh cut veggies)
- steak (Here’s the story about why you keep seeing steak on a frugal menu.)
- hot dogs/brats/metts
- grilled chicken
- meatball sandwiches
- chicken, black beans, salsa, and corn with cream cheese in the crock pot
- roasted whole chicken
- whole chicken in the crock pot
- French dip sandwiches in the Crock Pot
- pulled chicken sandwiches
- homemade pizza
- leftover casserole (using anything I can find in the fridge)
Our snacks and extras include
- fresh fruit
- graham crackers
- lemon meringue pie
Hopefully this menu will prove to be simple enough and portable for our really crazy nights.
Be sure to follow my Pinterest board where I share tons of easy, frugal, delicious pins!
Next up…get the best tips for grocery shopping on a budget!
Do you meal plan one week at a time, or in a different way?