If you are looking for a complete 2 week meal plan that is frugal and includes recipes and suggestions for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks…then you’ve come to the right place!
We have this big, hairy, audacious goal (BHAG) in our home to pay off some significant debt this year.
One big part of that plan involves saving in the grocery area. Unoriginal? Maybe.
But it’s the one big chunk of the budget that is the most easily manipulated. So we’re ok with being a little cliche if it gets us closer to our goals.
Winter has finally arrived in our area. We enjoyed some lovely weather for a long time. You won’t hear me complaining about that!
But these colder temperatures we have now has me reaching for the comfort food.
Our 2 Week Meal Plan
I’m such a believer in meal plans for saving money, that if I were a working mom right now…I would definitely pay someone else to do the planning.
Simple and frugal when I can, cereal when I can’t.
- Scrappy Baked Oatmeal
- homemade granola (Might try this recipe.)
- cranberry orange bread
- eggs and toast
- sandwiches (PB&J, Nutella, PB&honey, lunchmeat)
- chips & salsa
- steak (Here’s the story about why you keep seeing steak on a frugal menu.)
- beef stew (Finally found a recipe I think hubby will like!)
- fish tacos with sauce
- Taco Dump Soup
- grilled chicken
- white chicken chili
- chicken tacos
- roasted chicken
- breakfast for dinner (brinner!) Usually ends up being sausage gravy, sometimes pancakes.
- big salads with leftover meats for toppings
- homemade pizza
- Hubby’s birthday supper (lasagna!)
Our snacks and extras include
- fresh fruit
- birthday carrot cake
- ice cream
And that’s it! I try to keep my meals pretty simple, and they do become repetitive. But my family enjoys these foods and they are frugal enough to keep on the menu regularly.
Be sure to follow my Pinterest board where I share tons of easy, frugal, delicious pins!
What foods do you enjoy this time of year?