Avoid 5:00 Worry With A Meal Plan
It’s back to school time. Summer is ending and soon fall weather will be here. I myself am more of a summertime girl, but there’s plenty to love about fall, too! It means more soup, pumpkins, and apples on the meal plan.
This week I was able to pick up the pork we had processed, so there will be plenty of that on the menu. I am hoping to be able to go to the apple orchard soon and get some bushels of apples. And my plan to get less comfortable and plan ahead better mean that I will be making more breakfasts and less cereal.
I meal plan 2 weeks at a time. I also try to keep it simple and double up on our favorite foods.
- cereal (I said I am going to do better, not completely abandon it!)
- Scrappy Baked Oatmeal
- homemade breakfast bars
- sausage omelets
- sandwiches (PB&J, lunchmeat, nutella and graham crackers)
- cold pizza
- peanut butter or cheese and crackers
- pumpkin muffins
- yogurt or cheese
- fresh fruits and veggies
- pudding, cookies, chips, pretzels, or some sort of small treat
- grilled pork chops
- chicken slop
- lamb ham
- pizza x 2
- ham & beans
- grilled chicken x 2
- tacos x 2
- Sides will include grilled corn on the cob, grilled peaches, potatoes, rice, homemade mac & cheese, fresh veggies and salads
Treats and Desserts
- ice cream
- birthday cake (September is my birth month! I can’t believe I’m already 29…again…!)
- apple crisp
- fresh fruit
- rice cakes
- graham crackers
Be sure to share your meal plan in the comments so we can…”borrow” your ideas, too!