I was so happy to get my yearly goals set last week. It’s nice to have a vision of what I want to do with my year. It helps me to make an effort to do the things I want to do in life before it’s too late. It’s so easy to get into a rut and do the same things day in and day out.
Each week, I like to set goals that are really just baby steps to keep me on track and marching towards those SMART yearly goals.
Complete my baby goat birthin’ kitI’m glad I got this finished, since those goats look like they could pop any day now! Declutter bathroom cabinetClutter is so expensive!
- Make 2 breakfast meals from scratch
Get back to meal planningSee meal plan here
- List 3 items to sell (Didn’t get to this, but I did get some items sorted out for selling on consignment.)
- Play a game together
Read to the little ones daily
Write one week’s worth of content pieces in advance Increase Twitter followers to 700(I surpassed 750 this week! So happy to see this picking up steam.)
- Daily Bible readings (Started great, but missed this a couple of days)
Read 3 chapters of Better Than Before
To set my goals for this week, I am going to revisit my yearly goals first and decide what the priorities are. I also realize that if our baby goats come, some of my goals are going to fall to the side for a while. It’s so important to find the balance between goal setting and being flexible when life doesn’t go as planned. (Which is more often than not!)
- Set up pen for baby goats
- Declutter part of master bedroom
- One on one time with kids
- Attend parent meetings for school
- Promote my new collaboration! (Really excited to be working with abudgetfriendlylife.com! Stay tuned for more info on this.)
- Learn about setting up an email subscription (Right now I have a weekly RSS feed you can have delivered to your inbox. But I’d like to create a weekly newsletter with extra info and fun stuff.)
- Grow Twitter account to 900
- Consider creating a vision board for the blog
- Daily Bible Readings/Podcasts
- Read 3 chapters of The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up (Such a popular book! Have you read it?)
In order to accomplish these goals, I will have to make the most of my time! I hope to find the right balance to meet the needs I have to fill.
What do you want to get done this week? What obstacles are standing in your way right now?