The time of year I like to play a little game called…try not to turn on the heat until November 1.
I don’t always love that game, but my wallet does. 😉
One thing that makes winning the game easier is having hearty, steamy foods that warm you up from the inside.
So the meal plan is full of them this time.
Two Week Meal Plan for October
Around here, I like to meal plan 2 weeks at a time.
I hate putting dates to meals (Monday is lasagna, etc.) because inevitably Monday turns into a crumby day and the last thing I want to do is make lasagna.
So now I just make a list and pick the meal that works best each day as I go.
Also, I find a handful of supper ideas a frustrating meal plan. So I cover all 3 meals, plus snacks!
Here it is…
- cranberry apple crisp
- bacon and eggs
- sandwiches (PB&J, lunchmeat, nutella and graham crackers)
- hard boiled eggs
- peanut butter or cheese and crackers
- yogurt or cheese
- fresh fruits and veggies
- pudding, cookies, chips, pretzels, or some sort of small treat
- whole roasted chicken
- Easy White Chicken Chili (made with leftovers from whole chicken)
- grilled chicken on salad (hubby will grill in any weather)
- cobb salad
- hamburgers and hot dogs
- ham & beans
- Baklava Salmon
- pulled pork
- pork chops
- 3 Bean Chili Chowder
- Rich and Creamy Potato Soup
- Sides will include potatoes, rice, pasta, cooked and fresh veggies, and salads
Snacks and Desserts
- ice cream
- birthday cake
- fresh fruit
- graham crackers
- soft pretzels
- apple pie
- Baked Pears w/ Honey, Cranberries, and Pecans (a yummy Pinterest find!)
What’s on your meal plan this week?