August! You gotta love all the choices for fresh produce we get this time of year.
I’m a summertime gal, so life right now is all about barbecues and fresh salads. Even better if you can grow some of the ingredients yourself! Why not try growing something in the kitchen window or the back porch?
Today I’m sharing everything we’ll be eating for the first two weeks of August. I’ve got plans for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
Get help with your own budget meal planning here, or just take these ideas below and use them in your own home. I won’t tell!
2 Week Meal Plan for Early August
We keep breakfast simple here. Anything the kids can make for themselves is a major bonus!
- French toast
- homemade waffles
- easy oatmeal breakfast bars
Lunches are a main course served with a dairy (cheese or yogurt) and fresh fruit.
- grilled cheese
Whether you call it dinner or supper, this is usually the toughest part of the plan. Here are some delicious summer options. Usually served with a side of potatoes or pasta with plenty of fresh veggies.
- brats and metts
- kebabs (Grab a set of these frugal reusable kebab skewers! You can use just about any meat and produce on kebabs…go with whatever is on sale! You can even use cheap smoked sausage ropes.)
- grilled chicken X 2
- tacos (A staple in our house! Add beans to make the meat stretch.)
- Tropical Pineapple and Honey Barbecue Ribs
- Pepper Crusted Maple Grilled Salmon (I get my salmon from Aldi for a great price!)
- pulled pork (I just cook up a pork tenderloin or shoulder, then shred it and eat with your favorite BBQ sauce.)
- Creamy BLT Macaroni Salad
- grilled chicken salad (Using leftover grilled chicken from one of those meals)
- quesadillas (Just cheese for a great meatless meal option. Or add leftover meat from a previous meal!)
- Buttered Cod In Skillet
Snacks and Desserts
- Triple Berry Cobbler
- ice cream
- fresh fruit
- popsicles (You can freeze any juice, pudding, yogurt, or smoothie into a popsicle using a mold like this.)
This August meal plan will save you from the expensive drive thru!
Want more ideas that make life simple? Don’t miss these delicious recipes that make cheap meals for large families!
What’s your favorite thing to eat in August?